About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hi, I'm Daniella, a 25 year old living in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a busy girl with a 9-5 career and an affinity for food, fashion and fitness. This is a true account of my adventures on the West coast!

Oct 1, 2010

it's here, it's here, it's here!!!

I got a special package todayyyy!!! But we'll get back to that later. First, let's talk breakfast!

Kashi Go Lean cereal with pumpkin almond milk :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

To make the pumpkin milk blend together almond milk (or milk of choice) with canned pumpkin. I added a little agave syrup because my cereal isn't very sweet and a touch of cinnamon. I finally got a hold of some pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe's today so I'm excited to introduce that into my pumpkin recipes.

For lunch:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A blurry burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, cheddar cheese and pickled jalapenos (that I added after picture taking) with a side of Greek yogurt and green salsa. Greek yogurt is a healthier, more protein-packed version of "sour cream"! This particular bowl had too much rice in my opinion. Oh well!

Even though my goal is $50-60, I never feel bad if I spend a little more because I know I save so much money by bringing my lunch :) Bringing lunch also means I KNOW what I'm eating! No guessing game here.

Foodie Challenge Shopping List:


You may remember that I posted my food challenge earlier in the week. I thought I would share a shopping list for the weekend menu. I went shopping after work today and made some small substitutions that you can choose to make or not. Whatever you want.

  • steak (I bought tri-tip but if you can splurge, go for the filet!)
  • parsley 
  • red wine vinegar
  • lemon
  • garlic
  • cayenne pepper
  • mushrooms
  • red wine
  • asparagus (I bought broccolini)
  • loaf of crusty bread
  • red velvet cake mix (I bought chocolate)
  • 8 oz block of cream cheese
  • butter
  • eggs
  • vanilla extract
  • bacon
  • goat cheese
  • pizza dough (I bought lavash bread)
  • tomato sauce
  • mozzarella cheese
  • arugula
  • strawberries (the strawberries at TJ were very sad looking :'( so I bought pomegranate seeds)
  • maple syrup
  • small container of strawberry (or pomegranate) greek yogurt
I know this SEEMS like a big list but this is assuming you don't have ANYTHING. I had quite a few things on this list like goat cheese, bacon, maple syrup, eggs, butter, garlic, vanilla extract, etc, etc, etc. Also I will talk about healthifying the meals and additions you can make that are not accounted for on this list. I also made some swaps since I last posted the menu but those will just have to be surprises for now! 


Like Christmas Morning!


There's really no other way to describe how I felt as I tore open the big box I picked up between work and Trader Joe's. It's my new...

Photobucket

FOOD PROCESSOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at all of those attachments! A french fry disk, what what??? And I happened to have bought some sweet potatoes today at TJ's, hmmmm....

As I was taking things out, putting them together and washing them all I could do was exclaim, this is the COOLEST thing I've ever bought myself! It does so much, even doubles as a citrus juicer and emulsifier. I can't wait to make ceviche and emulsify the bejeesus out of stuff :)

What's your favorite kitchen appliance? I think this might be mine. Let's hope the honeymoon period never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment