About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hi, I'm Daniella, a 25 year old living in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a busy girl with a 9-5 career and an affinity for food, fashion and fitness. This is a true account of my adventures on the West coast!

Sep 14, 2010

the art of leftovers...

On Sunday, I made this turkey chili I found on Eat Live Run. It was my very first time making chili from scratch and I was surprised at how easy and healthy it was! I used ground turkey and truthfully, other than that, you have a pot full of veggies and spices. This was a real winner in my book because I love any recipe that makes healthy food taste like comfort food!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just look at all of those spices!!

Photobucket

All done!

Photobucket

I served it just how I like it, over some brown rice topped with cheddar cheese and greek yogurt! My new favorite way to eat greek yogurt is with savory food. Probably because I'm such a sour cream fanatic! Greek yogurt makes a healthy protein-packed substitute for sour cream and I hardly taste a difference!

This morning I made a fun chocolatey breakfast:

Chocolate protein overnight oats with strawberries and blueberries:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used my boyfriend's Muscle Milk)
  • fresh berries
Directions:

Stir together oats and almond milk the night before. In the morning (or night before) stir in protein powder. Top with berries! 

This was a simple and delicious breakfast so long as you have the forethought to make the oats the night before. I like cold oats better than hot oats I just sometimes don't think far enough ahead. 

For lunch, I artfully prepared chili leftovers

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For me, packing leftovers is all about the sauce! For my chili, I packed a small tupperware (LOVE THEM!) with greek yogurt to mix in. For pasta salads I like to pack extra dressing. In my opinion, leftovers get a little dried out and adding some sauce on the side definitely spruces them up! These little containers are perfect for that and I always toss a mini tupperware in my purse with trail mix or wasabi peas to curb hunger on the run!

When I came home from work today I had a big ole package laying on my bed. What could it be? CLOTHESSSSSS!!!! My lovely mother sent me an entire work-appropriate JCrew ensemble :):):)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The package included the Velvet Schoolboy Blazer, Paper Poplin Perfect Shirt and Original Fit Heritage Chino. Everything fit to perfection! I'm so excited to don this new ensemble at work tomorrow!!!

LOVE YOU, MOM AND DAD!!! You crazy kids have fun in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment