About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hi, I'm Daniella, a 25 year old living in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a busy girl with a 9-5 career and an affinity for food, fashion and fitness. This is a true account of my adventures on the West coast!

Sep 29, 2010

buffalo chicken casserole

Tonight I knew I wanted half of my dinner to be roasted brussel sprouts and broccolini with ketchup. Well, that takes care of the vegetable portion, what about the rest? My thought process went something like this...  Hmmm... What do I have? I have cooked chicken I need to eat... Ohhh I also have leftover brown rice that I need to eat...  And I must have been loving my dinner last night because the buffalo chicken casserole was born!

First, put equal parts brown rice and cooked chicken in a bowl (1 cup?).

Photobucket

Pour equal amounts each of Frank's Red Hot and bleu cheese dressing (1/8 cup?).

Photobucket

Top with a handful of cheddar cheese (1/4 cup?).

Photobucket

I had my veggies roasting in the oven while I prepped my casserole. I microwaved the chicken rice mixture for a couple minutes to warm it up, poured it into a french onion crock, sprinkled it with cheddar cheese and popped in the oven with my veggies. As soon as the veggies were done, I switched the oven from 400 degrees to the broiler and the cheese on top of my casserole was nice and melty in mere minutes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was deliciousss!

Confession: Even though I showed you the casserole on a fork (because I wanted you to see the ooey gooey cheesiness), I ALWAYS eat my veggies first so that I can enjoy the rest of my dinner after. Not that I don't enjoy my veggies, of course, I just don't enjoy them as much as cheesy buffalo chicken casserole ;)

Along with this meal, I also enjoyed one of these:

Photobucket

Mmmm... pumpkin ale! I LOVE pumpkin beer :):):) It rocks my autumn season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment