About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hi, I'm Daniella, a 25 year old living in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a busy girl with a 9-5 career and an affinity for food, fashion and fitness. This is a true account of my adventures on the West coast!

Sep 20, 2010

brussel sprouts are not bad!

So I'm making progress with the pumpkin oats! Today, I used equal parts oats, pumpkin and almond milk (1/3 cup). This may have been a good ratio for overnight oats but they were a little dry out of the micro however worlds better than yesterday's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I added agave syrup, maple syrup, chopped pecans and cinnamon to the mix. This was a tasty breakfast but still room for improvement!

After work I went to the gym. I did a good 30-40 minute strength training routine done in cross training style. It was a killer! I have a feeling my legs will be KILLING tomorrow!

Dinner was Trader Joe's Chimichurri Wild Pacific Salmon

Photobucket

Good, short ingredient list!

Photobucket

I served this with a medley of roasted vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, patty pan squash and brussel sprouts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was actually my first time eating brussel sprouts. Conclusion: Brussel sproust are NOT BAD!!! They were actually pretty good with ketchup on the side. This was an ideal post-workoutm meal. Full of protein and nutrition! Yummm!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you gave brussel sprouts a go! I enjoyed them as a kid. We just bought some local brussel sprouts from the farmers market and I am excited to try them on my daughter. I think she will like them too.

    ReplyDelete