About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Hi, I'm Daniella, a 25 year old living in Los Angeles, CA. I'm a busy girl with a 9-5 career and an affinity for food, fashion and fitness. This is a true account of my adventures on the West coast!

Sep 22, 2010

clean machine

Yesterday I skipped the gym in lieu of cleaning! Matt and I were cleaning machines... we did the laundry and we cleaned all of the floors and counters in the apartment. I always feel so great when our apartment is tidy and clean :) Not going to the gym even gave me time to make some blondies!

But first let's start at the beginning: breakfast!

I made a pumpkin pie green monster...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know it looks foul but it was pretty good. I definitely overdid it with the cinnamon and agave syrup because those flavors overpowered everything else...

For lunch I used my roasted vegetable leftovers in a salad.

Photobucket

On the side I brought crumbled goat cheese and fat-free balsamic vinaigrette.

*Side note: I never know how to spell vinaigrette, I always have to look it up. For some reason the word makes no sense to me, it comes from the word "vinegar" so logically it would be spelled "vinegrette". Am I right???

This lunch was good except that the roasted zucchini was a bit mushy so I tossed those. I think they lend themselves better to a different form of cooking. The brusselsprouts and cauliflower worked fabulously in the salad though and I was very happy to use up my leftovers in this healthy lunch :)

And now.... the main event....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

TRADER JOE'S GOAT CHEESE PIZZA ROCKS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!

It's only $3.50 and after 12 minutes of baking, you will have the most amazing dinner ever! It was a great reward for all the cleaning we did :)

And because I had all this extra time from NOT working out, blondies it was!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These truly were the "lazy girl"'s chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I managed to mix my batter in ONE bowl. It is truly one of the simplest recipes you'll ever make! Pop on over to Eat Live Run for the full recipe and details.



How do you like to jazz up leftovers the next day?
What's your favorite pre-made meal?

1 comment: